Community Foundations and Place Based Approaches - raising awareness of what can be achieved locally
As you read, hover over each of the images to see who we have worked with.
- In collaboration with the Lachlan Shire Council, Western Plains Regional Development and the Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation, we facilitated a 'Community Cafe' event in Condobolin to capture issues and ideas for a sustainable and viable community. These ideas have formed the basis of the 2014/15 Lachlan Community Grants Program, which harnesses local fundraising with philanthropic support.
- The annual National Community Foundations Forum in 2013 was held at Nuriootpa, South Australia. This was a great opportunity for 'friend-raising' and putting our heads together to discuss building capacity of local and regional Community Foundations.
- Held grant-writing workshops with the Kinglake Ranges Foundation and with Into Our Hands Foundation.
- FRRR featured in a front page Weekend Australian article by Sue Neales, highlighting rural philanthropy and donor engagement in rural and regional place based approaches.
- Our Chairman presented the Gardiner Foundation Working in Dairy Communities grants certificates and cheques at Parliament House in Melbourne.