Capacity Building - sharing knowledge and experiences with those on the ground
As you read, hover over each of the images to see who we have worked with.
- Visited several projects funded over the last five years in Barossa and Clare regions of SA. It was pleasing to see the lasting impact that these projects have had – even where our contribution was as little as $1,000, as was the case with the Riverton High Breakfast Club.
- The FRRR Board briefed the Hon. Warren Truss, the Minister responsible for Regional Australia, when our Board met in Canberra. Mr Truss told us he was well acquainted with FRRR's work and often refers people to us within his electorate.
- Visited 23 projects from Murwillumbah to Nambucca Heads in the central and northern coast region of NSW – a cross section of disaster recovery, small grants, CARA and education.
- Launched an FRRR YouTube Channel with interviews about natural disaster recovery and videos made by grant recipients.
- Relaunched FRRR website which is now more user friendly for community organisations, partners and potential partners/donors.
Speaking engagements/industry conferences:
- Attended the Sustainable Economic Growth for Regional Australia (SEGRA) conference in Coffs Harbour.
- Presented at the Gardiner Foundation Annual Dairy Leaders luncheon on the success of the Working in Dairy Communities program over the last 10 years.
- Delivered a webinar on our CATCH program to 17 Museum of Queensland delegates across Queensland.
- Led granting workshops in Bendigo and Gippsland (VIC).
- Spoke at the Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) conference in Canberra.
- Presented at the Museums & Galleries of NSW “Access to Funding” workshop in Albury.
- Attended Rural Education Conference.
- Attended National Rural Social Workers conference.
- Attended forum hosted by the Dahl Trust on community capacity.
- Attended National Rural Issues discussion and Volunteering Victoria conference.