We help enable communities to grow their own capacity and outcomes, leveraging our tools, services and knowledge.
Donation accounts are a service provided by FRRR to help community organisations fundraise more effectively.
In essence, FRRR lends its ability to receive tax deductible donations to community organisations that don't have the necessary tax status. DGR status, as it is known, is a great incentive to those willing to donate, and therefore it helps communities fundraise more quickly.
In 2013/14, $1,805,671.82 was donated to 45 groups holding Donation Accounts with FRRR from individuals and private trusts, foundations and corporations. In this reporting period, 15 new organisations set up accounts, including:
- Australian Centre for Rural Entrepreneurship, National
- School Aid Trust, National
- Community Information Support Services (CISS), National
- Mumbulla Community Foundation, NSW
- LightnUp Incorporated, NSW
- Ballarat Community Foundation, VIC
- Star Community Cinema Eaglehawk, VIC
- Word and Mouth, VIC
- South West Community Foundation, VIC
- Charlton Park 2020, VIC
- Victorian Regional Community Leadership Program (VRCLP), VIC
- Nillumbik Initiatives, Communities & Enterprises (NICE), VIC
- Give Where Your Live, VIC
- Mission Beach Rotary, QLD
- Stronger Smarter Institute, QLD
FRRR offers three types of donation accounts:
- Project Donation Account - to raise funds for a specific project. Over the years, Project Donation Accounts have helped many groups in rural and regional Australia complete large and daunting projects - such as the supporting the national volunteering efforts managed by BlazeAid to support rural farmers and residents impacted by natural disasters.
- Regional Donation Account - suitable for Community Foundations or community organisations without a tax deductible public ancillary fund, to raise funds for a particular region. Regional Donation accounts foster community investment in a host of different elements, as in the case of the Tatura Returned & Services League (RSL), which used the funds to commission a WWI statue and to make considerable enhancements to the local Memorial Gardens.
- Small Grants Regional Donation Account - to raise funds for small grants programs. One of the most successful examples of this is the Lachlan Region Community grants program. FRRR hosts a Donation Account and is also involved in helping to assess the grants, lending our expertise in best practice.